[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: EntityManager in custom validator

shakenbrain do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 25 16:37:41 EDT 2007

Thanks for the quick response.  That's fantastic.  I think I'm almost there, but I'm not sure how to reference the validator from the page; it's not going to be with the <f:validator> tag, right?

@Name("prefixValidator")
  | @Validator
  | public class PrefixValidator implements javax.faces.validator.Validator {
  |
  |   @In
  |   EntityManager entityManager;
  |
  |   @Transactional
  |   public void validate(FacesContext context, UIComponent component, Object value)
  |       throws ValidatorException {
  |
  |     entityManager.joinTransaction();
  |
  |     String prefix = (String) value;
  |
  |     Query q = entityManager.createQuery("from Organization o where o.prefix = :prefix");
  |     q.setParameter("prefix", prefix.toUpperCase());
  |     if (q.getResultList().size() > 0) {
  |       throw new ValidatorException(makeMessage("Prefix is being used already"));
  |     }
  |   }
  | }
<s:decorate id="prefixDecorator" template="decorateField.xhtml">

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4040742#4040742

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4040742