[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Exception when using entity-query CRUD framework

smithbstl do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 26 10:38:23 EDT 2007

Thanks Pete,

so instead of just letting EJB inject my entity manager automatically

  | private EntityManager em

I should let Seam do it instead?

  | @In
  | private EntityManager em

By specifying @In it will always know to get the Seam EntityManager from the EntityManagerFactory?

As far as the Dialog stuff, what I like about Trinidad is the built in tr:inputListOfValues control which displays a popup to get values from.  It is useful when a Select/DropDown box just won't do.  It also does PPR to issue a refresh when the value returns to the calling page.

In Seam I can use an s:link to propagate the conversation to the popup and I guess some JavaScript to make it a new window (Trinidad has an attribute useWindow that does this).  How would I go about getting the value back to the calling page? Bijection?  How does the calling page know to refresh/ppr?

Thanks again!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041016#4041016

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4041016