[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: EntityHome validation error (Chapter 14 example)

cja987 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 27 18:05:49 EDT 2007

Seam's power is such that you're able to directly expose EntityHome objects in the view and use pages.xml to wire it all together, and even provide security.  However, if you prefer to do things in code, just think of EntityHome as an implementation of the "Generic DAO" pattern that plays nice with SMPC's -- because that's all it really is.

I find it's impossible to have even reasonably complex views without a backing session bean anyway, so I much prefer to have all CRUD actions go through the session bean that simply injects the EntityHome itself.  TMTOWTDI.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041585#4041585

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4041585