[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - @Startup (possible to have this occur post session creation?

courtneycouch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 30 04:21:33 EDT 2007

I have a bean that I would like to be instantiated imediately AFTER the session is done being created.  Is there some way to do this?

I'm running some methods on the facesContext that require the session to be created.

Currently I have to just instantiate the ejb in the template.xhtml file with some innocuous call to a method that doesnt do anything.   Since that method wont be called until the session is created.

The drawback is that I have some call in my view whose sole purpose is to check to ensure an object is instantiated.  It also means i have to have a pointless call for every future request.

I would really prefer some sort of @PostStartup or some other more fine grained access to when the object is instantiated.  Not sure if its possible and undocumented or possible and I just dont know how.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041760#4041760

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4041760