[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Changeing Validation Messages

paradigmza do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 30 09:39:11 EDT 2007

Hello,

How do you change the validation message for a particular field.

I have a field that has to be 6 digits, and the messages says
anonymous wrote : length must be between 6 and 6

which just looks wrong, I would rather the message says
anonymous wrote : Debtor Code must be 6 digits

The Code I use is
/**
  | 	 * @return the debtorCode
  | 	 */
  | 	@Length(min=6,max=6)
  | 	public String getDebtorCode() {
  | 		return debtorCode;
  | 	}
and
<s:decorate id="debtorCodeDecoration" template="layout/edit.xhtml">
  |                 <ui:define name="label">Debtor Code</ui:define>
  |                 <h:inputText id="debtorCode" required="true"
  |                              value="#{CaptureLead.debtorCode}">
  |                              <a:support event="onblur" reRender="debtorCodeDecoration"/>
  |                  </h:inputText>
  |             </s:decorate>

I have already tried
/**