[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Conversation not being propogated between redirect

youngm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 30 13:50:05 EDT 2007

Ok, so I got a build working today and I'm still experiencing the problem.  Maybe I'm just using seam wrong but here are some more details on what I'm doing.

I have a list detail page.  I'm storing the current page the user is on in a conversation bean.

I begin a conversation in the list page.  (pet-search)

I change the current page.

I select a pet to modify and begin a nested conversation. (pet-details)

I modify the pet and select "save" This invokes an action that ends my nested conversation and redirects back to pet-details using the faces-config navigation snippet here:

        <navigation-case>
            <from-outcome>pet-search</from-outcome>
            <to-view-id>/pet-search.xhtml</to-view-id>

        </navigation-case>

When I get back to the list page my conversation variable storing the current page has been forgotten.

Does it appear I'm doing anything wrong?

The redirectFilter is installed by default right?

Mike

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4041916#4041916

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4041916