[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EJBs and XML-RPCs

aroppone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 1 10:01:39 EDT 2007

I've search the jar and all the files but there is no ejb-jar.xml. I read somewhere that EJB3s don't need deployment descriptors, I this totally false statement? I also tried to create own dep.desc. and configure manually, but as my EJB looks for the env-entry that I created it throws exception stating valueY not bound.

The ejb-jar.xml is like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <ejb-jar xmlns = "http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
  |          version = "3.0"
  |          xmlns:xsi = "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |          xsi:schemaLocation = "http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/ejb-jar_3_0.xsd">
  |     <enterprise-beans>
  |         <session>
  |             <ejb-name>processExistBean</ejb-name>
  |             <local>org.eamssi.ejb.ProcessExistLocal</local>
  |             <ejb-class>testing.ProcessExistBean</ejb-class>
  |             <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
  |             <transaction-type>Bean</transaction-type>
  |             <env-entry>
  |                 <description>
  |                     The URI of eXist XML-RPC.
  |                 </description>
  |                 <env-entry-name>existUri</env-entry-name>
  |                 <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
  |                 <env-entry-value>xmldb:exist://localhost:8080/exist/xmlrpc</env-entry-value>
  |             </env-entry>
  |         </session>
  |     </enterprise-beans>
  | </ejb-jar>

Is this totally incorrect? I used:
Context initCtx = new InitialContext();
  |         String uri = (String)initCtx.lookup("existUri");

to get the env-entry value (and also with "java:comp/env/existUri").

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069656#4069656

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069656