[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - EntityConverter: Entity Manager not found

Newlukai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 1 11:05:14 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I've encountered a strange behavior in my application. There are several s:selectItems on a page using s:convertEntity to display dropdown-boxes filled with entities.

<ice:selectOneMenu value="#{userSelector.selectedUser}" partialSubmit="true">
  |   <s:selectItems value="#{userSelector.users}" var="user" label="#{user.ID} - #{user.name}" noSelectionLabel="#{ares_messages.filter_all}" />
  |   <s:convertEntity />
  | </ice:selectOneMenu>

When the page is rendered the first time, the dropdowns are rendered as they should be. So I think everything is fine with the EntityManager.

Below the dropdowns there's a dataTable. The dataTable shows some information according to the selected items in those drop-downs. With a commandLink you can select an entry to display further information.

<h:column>
  |   <f:facet name="header">
  |     <ice:commandSortHeader columnName="id">
  |       <h:outputText value="#{ares_messages.label_testaction_ID}" />
  |     </ice:commandSortHeader>
  |   </f:facet>
  |   <ice:commandLink value="#{testaction_var.ID}" action="#{testactionDeveloper.select(testaction_var)}" />
  | </h:column>

As you can see I use Seam's EL enhancement to let the backing bean know which item was clicked.

OK. Let's remember that the page was displayed normally. Now I click on a commandLink to display further information resulting in a message "Error selecting object" in the h:message tag. The console tells me that "ERROR [EntityConverter] Entity Manager not found".
But why? The EntityConverter has already converted the entities from the database. Why isn't it possible to select an item in the datatable?

Thanks in advance
Newlukai

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069683#4069683

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069683