[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JSF Portlet tutorial out of date?

desropolis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 1 13:35:54 EDT 2007

OK, so SeamApplicationFactory is not an ApplicationFactory.

It sounds like MyFaces is unwilling to accept the SeamApplicationFactory for some reason.

I haven't started using Seam at all, so I could be way off, but perhaps the versions of Seam and MyFaces are not in agreement.

For this we need to know the exact version of MyFaces distributed with JBP 2.6.1 and the exact version of Seam you're using.

The other thing that could help is looking at the stack trace and finding out which MyFaces class doesn't like the Seam class.

Then... Read the MyFaces Source Code!

It is not as scary as it sounds and you can probably do it from a browser.  I don't know what version control they're using.

Post the stack trace and I'll see what I can do.  Maybe some JBoss person will take pity on us in the meantime.

Dean

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069751#4069751

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069751