[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - onMessage not being fired for message on a queue

HibsMax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 1 18:27:13 EDT 2007

Hi, Group.

This question is vague and I apologise for that up front.  I'm mainly looking for pointers to help me determine where to start looking.

I have an application that:
1. produces a message
2. writes the message to a database
3. pushes the message to queue
4. update the record in the database
5. sends the message to a topic
6. a consumer then consumes the messages on the topic

steps 1-3 happen in a servlet running on server1
steps 4-5 happen in the onMessage method in an MDB running on server2

All the messages make it to the database so I know that steps 1, 2 and 3 are all working.  I have a debug statement in the onMessage method and I can see that it's not being called for every message e.g. I send 450 messages but the onMessage is only executed 210 times.  When I look in the JBM_MSG table I see what I believe are the missing messages (I check the headers column using the SQL below).

Can anyone suggest a reason why the onMessage method would not be called for every message?  I know it's being called sometimes, just not all the time.  I think I must be missing a config parameter or something.

I am using JBM 1.3 GA and Oracle.

Peace, Anders

SQL to check jbm_msg.headers:
SELECT UTL_RAW.CAST_TO_VARCHAR2 (DBMS_LOB.SUBSTR (headers))
FROM   jbm_msg
/

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069833#4069833

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069833