[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: external authentication-any pointers for a beginner?

mwkohout do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 02:28:47 EDT 2007

And since I'm bossy and like looking gift help in the mouth :),  I'm not sure I'm all that hot on the use of the Pages component as part of the authentication system.  It kinda smells like TIMTOWTDI(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There's_more_than_one_way_to_do_it) and I was never a big fan of MTOW( More Than One Way ).

If I were designing this framework, for the default SeamLoginModule that uses NameCallback and PasswordCallback I'd do away with the login-view attribute on Pages.  The only thing Pages would do is call Identity.isLoggedIn(true).  I would also make the two JAAS Callbacks Seam components, and have the redirected "login page" view as an attribute of them.

But I'm not designing this framework, and every asshole has an opinion.

Mike Kohout

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4069909#4069909

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4069909