[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - How to set substitution values?

g.tomassoni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 08:02:04 EDT 2007

I have a question which is probably a "newby" one.

When I develop some EAR, I'm used to assign some of the properties and attributes through substitution macros (in example: ${it.site.root} in the <context-root> of a  module in the application.xml).

This lets me change some values depending whether I am deploying it on a staging or on a production server, in example.

I'm used to define the values of these macros among the runtime options I specify to start jboss. Unfortunately, this seems suboptimal to me, because:

- I need to modify the jboss startup script to do this;
- I need to restart JBoss in order to change these macros;
- I can't simply deploy the same app with two different names to have two different instances.

Is there any better way to do this? I tried to discover a way by meself, browsing the docs, but I don't think I found anything of useful.

Thanks,

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070072#4070072

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070072