[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Example question: registration on tomcat

valbosoft do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 10:34:29 EDT 2007

Hello,

I installed the registration example on tomcat as indicated in the documentation. As soon as I go to the next screen, I get an error:

javax.naming.NamingException: Local server is not initialized
  | 	org.jnp.interfaces.LocalOnlyContextFactory.getInitialContext(LocalOnlyContextFactory.java:45)
  | 	javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
  | 	javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:288)
  | 	javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)

It seems like the EJB container is not executing. I was wondering if it could have anything to do with the fact that components.xml has the follwing line:    <core:ejb installed="false"/>

Here's the complete file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <components xmlns="http://jboss.com/products/seam/components"
  |             xmlns:core="http://jboss.com/products/seam/core"
  |             xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |             xsi:schemaLocation=
  |                 "http://jboss.com/products/seam/core http://jboss.com/products/seam/core-1.2.xsd
  |                  http://jboss.com/products/seam/components http://jboss.com/products/seam/components-1.2.xsd">
  |
  |     <core:init jndi-pattern="jboss-seam-registration/#{ejbName}/local"/>
  |     <core:ejb installed="false"/>
  |
  | </components>

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070134#4070134