[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - JBoss 4.0.x migration to 4.2.x

dlgrasse do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 13:01:40 EDT 2007

I have been asked to move an existing web service application from the current JBoss 4.0.3SP1 AS to 4.2.1.  My reading from the Wikis and FAQs lead me to believe that as long as certain specifics weren't being used, that the migration to JBossWS would be seamless (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JBWS404Compatibility).  We had a few org.jboss.axis dependencies in our code (accessing the username/password from the rg.jboss.axis.MessageContext, etc), but I was able to use the JBossWS-1.2.1 jars and recompile fine after making a couple of changes to the code.  So far, so good.

I haven't been able to deploy though.  I'm getting an error that seems to a jaxrpc-mapping issue.  Specifically I'm seeing "The content of '{an xsd type}' is invalid.  Element 'extension' is invalid, misplaced, or occurs too often.".  The wsdl, webservice.xml, and jaxrpc-mapping files haved worked for years, and, except for a wsdl-port namespace issue in the webservice.xml file, haven't been changed.

My own searches in this forum and Wiki and FAQ pages haven't turned up anything useful about this error.
Could this be an issue exposed due to an XML parser change?  Looking at the Xerces impl versions between the two AS', there is a minor version change.
Or is there something fundamentally different that I'm not taking into account, and the specific error is a red herring?  I was hoping to take the link above at its word and avoid any major changes (i.e. using annotations).

I appreciate any pointers anyone could give.  If it would be useful to see the jaxrpc-mapping, wsdl, or backing xsd types, I can certainly post relevant parts of the files here.

dlgrasse

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070200#4070200

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070200