[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Securing JBoss jmx-console and web-console using /etc/passwd

slimshady do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 13:13:06 EDT 2007

I am trying to secure the jmx-console and web-console by making the webapp read the /etc/passwd file.

I don't want to use the properties file and instead want the authentication to happen by reading the user and groups that exist in /etc/passwd & /etc/group.

In websphere/weblogic, this can be done using local OS registry but I could not find anything like this for JBoss.

Has anyone ever tried something like this.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070212#4070212

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070212