[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Bypass Form Validation For Certain Operations?

khamburg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 16:45:29 EDT 2007

One of the reasons I'm using the JSF form validation is that the "required" attribute isn't enforced in the process definition, e.g. :

  |   <task-node name="MyTaskNode">
  |     <task name="MyTask" >
  |        <controller>
  |           <variable name="MyVar" access="write,required"></variable>
  | 	</controller>
  |     </task>
  |     <transition to="MyNextNode" name="Next Node"></transition>
  |   </task-node>

You can open the corresponding form for this node in the jbpm console, omit a value for MyVar, and click Next Node to transition to the next node without any validation error occurring. I looked at the code in TaskController::submitParameters() and it is simply checking for variable's existence in a map, regardless of contents. But this will never fail because an empty variable for MyVar is automatically created by JBPM when it creates the task.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070301#4070301

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070301