[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Bind a string property by reference

matt.drees do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 18:59:30 EDT 2007

So, it looks like your intention is that entr.text to be changed from whatever it is to SimpleInputDialog.input when accept() is called.  You can't do that by passing 'source' as a method parameter into SimpleInputDialog.init().  'source' is simply a copy of a reference.  In particular, if 'source' points to a String, you can't change it, because Strings are immutable.  So no, your approach won't work.

I'm not too familiar with richfaces' input dialogues, so I can't really make a suggestion, but you may be able to pass 'entr' instead of 'entr.text' into SimpleInputDialog,  This would give you the ability to call entr.setText() in your accept() method.

Good luck

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070335#4070335

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070335