[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Help with passing data back to the backing bean using Seam's

tonylmai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 19:57:00 EDT 2007

Hello all,

Can someone help me to look through this piece of code in which I can't seem to pass a data back to the backing bean using Seam's EL. Perhaps the error is in my data model for the DataModelSelection.

I have a page that display quotes that belong to an account which belongs to a customer. A customer however may have many accounts.

    Customer 1----* Account 1----*Quote

On my page, I have
<c:forEach var="acct" items="#{acctQuotes}">
  | 	<rich:dataTable value="#{acct.quotes}" var="quote">
  | 		<rich:column>
  | 			<s:link value="ABC" action="#{wcQuotesMgr.viewNews(quote)}" />

wcQuotesMgr is
@Name("wcQuotesMgr")
  | public class QuotesManagerBean implements QuotesManager {
  |     @DataModel("acctQuotes")
  |     private List<PortfolioQuote> acctQuotes;
  |
  |     @DataModelSelection("acctQuotes")
  |     @Out(required = false)
  |     private PortfolioQuote portfolioQuote;
  |
  |     public String viewNews(Quote quote) {
  |        // quote is not passed correctly. It is always null here
  |     }

And finally PortfolioQuote is as followed:
public class PortfolioQuote implements Serializable {
  |     private static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |     private Account account = null;
  |
  |     @DataModel("quotes")
  |     private List<Quote> quotes = null;
  |
  |     @DataModelSelection("quotes")
  |     @Out(required = false)
  |     private Quote quote;
  | }

Everytime the user clicked on the link to view news, wcQuotesMgr.viewNews is invoked with null passed in for parameter quote. How do I model this DataModel and/or DataModelSelection so that quote is passed accordingly?

Thanks for your help
-tony

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070348#4070348

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070348