[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - File upload - performance has taken a dive

jazir1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 2 21:13:39 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I *think* this has happened since upgrading to Seam2, but I can't be sure of that.  Anyway, this is what's happening:

Whenever I upload a file with the file upload component, it is taking an extremely long time.  It's also resulting in a huge number of the following logging statements (> 600,000 for a 587kb file)

  | 2007-08-03 11:02:25,265 DEBUG [org.jboss.seam.contexts.Contexts] found in conversation context: dataFile
  |
  | 2007-08-03 11:02:25,265 DEBUG [org.jboss.seam.contexts.Contexts] found in conversation context: dataFile

The time and number of logging statements is definitely proportional to the size of the file, and this is all happening before my Seam action is being called.  I'm using the component as follows:

  | <s:fileUpload id="dataFile"
  | 	  data="#{dataFile.data}"
  |            contentType="#{dataFile.contentType}"
  |            fileName="#{dataFile.filename}"
  |            accept=""/>

It seems the file upload process is looking up the Seam dataFile component again and again as it processes the incoming data.

Has anybody experienced this?
thanks,
Daniel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070359#4070359