[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Exception Handling Error -> redirect URL is wrong

maku01 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 3 02:45:28 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've a problem with redirection after an Exception. (Seam 2 CVS )

When an exception occurs, e.g. javax.persistence.OptimisticLockException, and the active URL is e.g.
http://localhost:8080/hcare/resident/residentDetail.seam than the redirection URL is wrong --> http://localhost:8080/hcare/resident/residentDetail.seam/error.xhtml?cid=35
and not http://localhost:8080/hcare/error.xhtml as I would expect.

My definition in pages.xml

 <exception class="javax.persistence.OptimisticLockException">
  |         <end-conversation/>
  |         <redirect view-id="/error.xhtml">
  |             <message>Another user changed the same data, please try again</message>
  |         </redirect>
  |     </exception>

Could anybody give me a hint what's wrong?

TIA

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070398#4070398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070398