[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: seam-ui example: s:selectItems example is broken

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 3 09:13:35 EDT 2007

So what's the gist of this? The UI I have in mind (or more precisely that is required by our client) simply cannot be implemented with all this sophisticated infrastructure (JPA, JSF, Seam) ?
SelectMany... can't be used based on a OneToMany association?

When I debug I find that when JSF/Seam calls setEmployees(employees) then each employee's department field is not updated.
When I do that manually with some ugly code (updating both removed and added employees) my example works fine.
Sigh - so I guess that's my only choice.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070580#4070580

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070580