[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Can't find Stateful Bean...

pdpantages do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 3 10:10:45 EDT 2007

Hello Peter, thank you for your response.

Unfortunately, Seam component serviceEndPointMgmt does not exist in the parent conversation prior to invoking the editor (which in turn causes the exception). I can verify the absence of this object with the seam debugger. It  is supposed to be created only when the editor is launched.

Thus, I don't quite understand the log message about finding it in the conversation; I assumed that this is just a side-effect of using @In(create=true). I will stick some traces in the ctor and @Create method and see if I can find anything.

So, the upshot is, I don't quite understand how I can periodically touch it. Normally, this would be easy to do, as my page has an ajax poll every 4s...

Could I avoid the problem by declaring the injected object transient? I have never tried this on a seam component.

Thanks PdP

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4070611#4070611

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4070611