[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - EJB3 and Timeout.

jc7442 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 6 05:00:53 EDT 2007

I try to set the timeout for only one EJB. I have chack the Wiki (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=TransactionTimeout). When I change the timeout in the jboss-service.xml, it is ok. When I change the timeout in jboss.xml it is ignored.

In my code, I have a MDB that invoke a session bean. So the jboss.xml is :

  | <?xml version="1.0"?>
  |        <jboss>
  |
  |          <enterprise-beans>
  |             <message-driven>
  |                <ejb-name>AuditExtractorMDB</ejb-name>
  |                <jndi-name>AuditExtractorMDB</jndi-name>
  |                <exception-on-rollback>true</exception-on-rollback>
  |                <method-attributes>
  |                   <method>
  |                      <method-name>*</method-name>
  |                      <transaction-timeout>500</transaction-timeout>
  |                   </method>
  |                 </method-attributes>
  |             </message-driven>
  | 	    <session>
  |                <ejb-name>J2EEAuditExtractorImpl</ejb-name>
  |                <jndi-name>J2EEAuditExtractorImpl</jndi-name>
  |                <exception-on-rollback>true</exception-on-rollback>
  |                <method-attributes>
  |                   <method>
  |                      <method-name>*</method-name>
  |                      <transaction-timeout>300</transaction-timeout>
  |                   </method>
  |                 </method-attributes>
  |             </session>
  |
  |          </enterprise-beans>
  |
  |        </jboss>

That code is deployed in a ear and jboss.xml is in the META-INF directory.

I do not want to add annotation is code (timeout has to be configured at deployment).

Did someone succeed to change the tiemout for one EJB in jboss.xml. Samples and help are welcome.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071075#4071075

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071075