[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - JBoss Portal : Best Practices

explorer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 6 18:57:26 EDT 2007

Can any one help me out in understanding what are the best practices in developing a JBoss portal application.

1) Is it good to alter portal.sar's defualt-object.xml for making your portal default.
2) Is it good to deploy your web application in jboss-portal.sar.
3) Is it good to have your own portal.sar.
4) Is it good to have your portal.sar outside the jboss-portal.sar.
5) Is it good to have our own Header Portlet, instead of altering the header.jsp/tabs.jsp
6) Whats the best way to generate bread crumbs. Making it as a portlet?
7) If we have our-own sar going into jboss-portal.sar, how to hot deploy.

I have some EventListeners which need to be registered through jboss-service.xml and so i happened to put them in my own sar and put it under deploy of jboss server.

But i am facing some issues in there.

One unique issue is when i am trying to access Navigation.getPortalRuntimeContext(), some times it works fine and somtimes.. It throws me a NullPointerException.

Is it something to do with my sar being outside.

any ones explination on these issues is highly appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071401#4071401

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071401