[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: JBPM 3.2.1 web app?does not display deployed process

jdickins do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 6 20:20:42 EDT 2007

Hey all,

I am sorry to leave everyone hanging but I have been a temporary developer for a US university for the past 2 months and my job ends today. I would like to thank everyone, jeffcwang, msandoz and Koen for all of the help you have given me. My supervisor may come back to this post, but as deployment is working on her machine I'm not sure she will.

Sorry, but as my process definition is made up from a process tons of other people developed, I don't think it would be right to post my process definition without their permission (and they haven't gotten back to me about giving it).

And jeffcwang, if I'm reading you problem right you might want to check out  the relationship between the the task controller and fields associated with each task in the getting started wiki:

http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=JbpmGettingStarted

Obviously you're way beyond the basics of this document, but I have found it actually pretty rich in help when attempting to diagnose faulty behavior.

As I understand it task-variables are what appear next to the writable boxes in the web app-- ie, in the old websale example, the input field where cookie monster wrote the number of cookies he wanted, word "amount" was what the jbpm user inputed as a task-variable when the workflow was being designed initially. Sections 11.4 and 11.5 of the jbpm userguide might help here.

http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v3/userguide/taskmanagement.html#taskinstancevariables

In the response to your other question, I have plugin version 3.2.1. When I was using Europa I had the "server deployer" section in my deployment tab. In 3.2 I think I can which server I am deploying to using the path Windows-> Preferences->JBoss jBPM->Runtime locations. This also works in Europa. The UI has changed 3 times in my time working w/ jBPM. I think at least once it was because I changed versions. It turns out (at least for what I'm doing) that the web app (which I think is only meant to be a sample and is supposed to be customized by users who wish to do so) is functional no matter what the UI looks like.

Anyway, Thanks again to all the jBPM folks. Learning from ya'll is a lot more interactive, varied and intense than learning in school. Which is what I'll be doing next. Thanks again!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071408#4071408

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071408