[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Trinidad: Validation still not working

wschwendt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 6 20:54:05 EDT 2007

A big thank you for posting this!   Incidentally, I already spent the entire day on this trinidad validation mess.

Backdrop:  I had problems getting the Hibernate validator to work with the CVS-based Seam (solved in the meantime thanks to Pete Muir's helpful response):  http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=115318

So I thought: Why not use the JSF validators as temporary workaround?  And then I noticed that the JSF validators fail to work correctly when Trinidad is involved.  What's more, the Hibernate validator annotations don't work either in combination with s:validate all and Trinidad (one can  test this by modifying Seam-discs).

anonymous wrote : Any idea why this is not working?

no real idea, but I debugged it and it looked to me as if it could be a state restoration issue.

When the view tree is constructed during the first RENDER RESPONSE phase, the validator properties (attributes such as minimum or maximum) are stored.    On a subsequent faces request, this state is supposed to be restored during the RESTORE VIEW phase.  But it appears that this isn't working correctly.

The culprit could possibly be org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.bean.util.StateUtils.restoreState()   or a related method.

StateUtils.restoreState() is called from org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.bean.util.FlaggedPropertyMap.

  | // org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.bean.util.FlaggedPropertyMap
  |  public void restoreState(
  |     FacesContext context,
  |     FacesBean.Type type,
  |     Object state)
  |   {
  |     StateUtils.restoreState(this, context, type, state, getUseStateHolder());
  |   }

Until FlaggedPropertyMap.restoreState() is called, the restoration process looks ok to me  (at least the argument named "state" correctly contained the validator properties).

A Trinidad expert would need to look at this, where exactly the state restoration fails.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071413#4071413

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071413