[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - em is always null in my quartz scheduler, plz help.

Stateless Bean do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 7 04:26:45 EDT 2007

Hello,
I implemented my opensymphony quartz in Seam 1.6.1 GA app using JBoss 4.0.5. For some reasons I don't want to use Seam asynchronous.
My problem is I always get em injected as null, why?

here is my copomenents.xml

  | <core:managed-persistence-context name="em"
  | auto-create="true"                                             persistence-unit-jndi-name="java:/sguEntityManagerFactory" />

Scheduler listener

  | public class StartupListener implements ServletContextListener {
  |
  |         public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent contextEvent) {
  |                 SchedulerSystem obiektKlasyW = new SchedulerSystem();
  |
  |                 Thread watekPrzeliczniaCennika = new Thread(obiektKlasyW);
  |
  |                 watekPrzeliczniaCennika.start();
  |
  |         }
  |
  |         public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent arg0) {}
  | }
  |

  | public class SchedulerSystem implements Runnable {
  |
  |         public void run() {
  |             SchedulerFactory schedFact = new rg.quartz.impl.StdSchedulerFactory();
  |
  |             Scheduler sched = null;
  |             try {
  |                 sched = schedFact.getScheduler();
  |             } catch (SchedulerException e) {
  |             	e.printStackTrace();
  |             }
  |
  |             try {
  |                 sched.start();
  |             } catch (SchedulerException e) {
  |                 e.printStackTrace();
  |             }
  |
  |             //JobDetail jobDetail = new JobDetail("CennikJob", "groupCeniki", JobPrzeliczanieCennika.class);
  |             JobDetail jobDetail = new JobDetail("CennikJob", "groupCeniki", SchedulerJobs.class);
  |
  |             Trigger trigger = TriggerUtils.makeSecondlyTrigger(2);
  |             trigger.setName("CennikiTrigger");
  |             trigger.setGroup("groupCeniki");
  |             trigger.setStartTime(new Date());
  |

  |             try {
  |                 sched.scheduleJob(jobDetail, trigger);
  |             } catch (SchedulerException e) {
  |                 e.printStackTrace();
  |             }
  |
  |         }//run()
  |
  | }

and my job

  | public class SchedulerJobs implements Job {
  |         public SchedulerJobs() {}
  |
  | 	@In(create=true)
  | 	protected EntityManager em;
  |
  |         public void execute(JobExecutionContext kontekst) {
  |                 Date date = new Date();
  |                 //HERE i GET NULL my EM
  |
  |         }
  | }

Can anyone help me, hot to create/inject well my em?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071468#4071468

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071468