[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Start Thread on Portlet Deploy

krizam do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 7 09:19:09 EDT 2007

Hello -

I am currently working on a portlet that contains a java applet in the client's browser that communicates over a Socket with a ServerSocket in a Thread running on the jboss server .

What I am trying to figure out is how to start up this java program on the server when the deployment of the WAR file occurs.  How would I go about this?  I am thinking I need to add something to the **-object.xml or the web.xml or portlet-instances.xml or portlet.xml.  The java file I want to invoke is in the org.jboss.server.applet package and is called AppletServer.java.

I am kind of a newbie with all of this, so any help is very much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071595#4071595

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071595