[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Cannot retrieve user: Unable to locate current JTA trans

kpalania do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 7 11:43:10 EDT 2007

Okay, one step further. This is what I need:

   public boolean checkPermission(PortalPermission permission) throws IllegalArgumentException, PortalSecurityException
  |    {
  |       try
  |       {
  |          // Get the current authenticated subject through the JACC contract
  |          Subject subject = (Subject)PolicyContext.getContext("javax.security.auth.Subject.container");
  |
  |          //
  |          return checkPermission(subject, permission);
  |       }
  |       catch (PolicyContextException e)
  |       {
  |          throw new PortalSecurityException(e);
  |       }
  |    }

This is the API in org.jboss.portal.security.impl.jacc.JACCPortalAuthorizationManager. If I can get this subject to be populated in my servlet, I am COOL!

Essentially, I need to be able to set the subject to this "javax.security.auth.Subject.container" context. I could even create a new instance of the Subject and add the necessary principals manually, so long as there is a way to actually make the container use that subject by setting this context variable.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071677#4071677

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071677