[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Simple Socket Server (TEXT)?

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 8 03:21:48 EDT 2007

anonymous wrote : Appologies in advance if the questions are too naive, but I'm just starting with Jboss and have a head full of doubts.

No apologies necessary.  We all start somewhere.

anonymous wrote : I have try to implement a socket server using this approach and have hit a wall.
  | the timeout attribute works but doesn't close the socket instead it sends error messages to the console.

Actually, ServerThread should catch the SocketTimeoutException, close the socket, and return itself to the thread pool.  See org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun().

anonymous wrote : How do I send multiple messages back to the client.

There is a callback mechanism in which the server may asynchronously send callbacks to a listener (org.jboss.remoting.callback.InvokerCallbackHandler) on the client side.  See Section "5.6. Callbacks" in the Remoting Guide (http://labs.jboss.com/jbossremoting/docs/guide/).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071858#4071858

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071858