[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - HANamingService already bound to port 1100

loumaus do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 8 04:30:32 EDT 2007

Hi there .. sorry if this question has been asked before, but I did not find a valid response.

Starting a simple cluster, both nodes detect each other and the jmx-console reveals that both nodes are properly part of the cluster.

The only annoying thing happens during bootstrap of the second node:

10:01:35,077 INFO  [Partition1] Number of cluster members: 2
10:01:35,117 INFO  [Partition1] Other members: 1
10:01:35,154 INFO  [Partition1] Fetching state (will wait for 3000 milliseconds):
10:01:35,298 INFO  [Partition1] state was retrieved successfully (in 144 milliseconds)
10:01:35,433 ERROR [HANamingService] Could not start on port 1100
java.net.BindException: Address already in use
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.(ServerSocket.java:185)
        at javax.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createServerSocket(ServerSocketFactory.java:169)
        at org.jboss.ha.jndi.DetachedHANamingService.initBootstrapL

The first node in the cluster uses the HANamingService port 1100.
The second one tries to use it as well.

http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/jboss4guide/r4/html/cluster.chapt.html#clustering-jndi-jboss
reveals that is you wanna use this service in different clusters, you should change the port number .

As both nodes are part of the same cluster I thought that they the service should share the same port, but the error log tells a different story.

Help is appreciated ..

thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4071885#4071885

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4071885