[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - initial try at run.bat fails

mpflug do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 8 11:49:41 EDT 2007

I just downloaded the bundled version of jboss app server and portal jboss-portal-2.6.1.GA-bundled.  The instructions say unzip and run "<install dir>\bin\run.bat".  When I do, I get immediate failure.  I commented out the echo off command in the bat file to see how far it was getting and it dies on:

"%JAVA%" -version 2>&1 | findstr /I hotspot > nul

I've tried with both Java 1.4 and 1.5, both with the same result.  Any idea what's going on here?  I didn't see any log files to help identify the problem but maybe I missed them?

This is being run on Windows XP SP2 for what thats worth.

Thanks,
Mike

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072077#4072077

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072077