[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - debug page problem: 404

stephen.friedrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 8 14:00:37 EDT 2007

When experimenting with the examples buggy code that I added often causes exceptions ;-)
It seems that Seam tries to redirect to the debug page, but fails.
For example I added a dummy exception in the seam-pay example (alwayws throwing a RuntimeException in PaymentController.saveAndSchedule()).

When I try to save a payment Seam seems to catch the exception and tries a redirect to
http://127.0.0.1:8080/seam-pay/search.seam/debug.xhtml?conversationId=4
which result in a 404.

When I manually type the following URL in the browser, I see the debug page, including my exception just fine:
   http://127.0.0.1:8080/seam-pay/debug.seam

How comes? I can't make sense of the documentation. After reading it I expected an exception entry in pages.xml, but there's nothing.

What makes Seam try the redirect and why does it fail?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072131#4072131

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072131