[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Joined Inheritance Strategy Problem

grdzeli_kaci do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 08:07:17 EDT 2007

hi all,

Enviroment:
JBoss - 4.0.4GA
DB - Oracle 10g
EJB - JBoss EJB 3.0 RC7 - FD

i have 3 table into database
Root Table :                PAYMENT_METHOD_DATA
first Child Table :       BANK_TRNSF_METHOD_INFO
second Child Table :  SCRATCH_METHOD_INFO

in java i have inheritance joined strategy, then root class looks like :

  | @Entity()
  | @Table(name = "PAYMENT_METHOD_DATA", schema = "CCARE")
  | @Inheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.JOINED)
  | @DiscriminatorColumn(name = "METHOD_DATA_TYPE", discriminatorType = DiscriminatorType.INTEGER)
  | @DiscriminatorValue("1")
  | public class PaymentMethodData implements Serializable {
  | }

then first child looks like :

  | @Entity()
  | @Table(name = "BANK_TRNSF_METHOD_INFO", schema = "CCARE")
  | @DiscriminatorValue("2")
  | public class BankTrnsfMethodInfo extends PaymentMethodData implements
  | Serializable {
  | }

second child :

  | @Entity()
  | @Table(name = "SCRATCH_METHOD_INFO", schema = "CCARE")
  | @DiscriminatorValue("3")
  | public class ScratchMethodInfo extends PaymentMethodData implements
  | Serializable {
  | }

when i persist BankTrnsfMethodInfo entity object,
automatically persisted also PaymentMethodData, but into PAYMENT_METHOD_DATA column METHOD_DATA_TYPE value is NULL. i don't understand what happened

I NEED PARRENT-CHILDS STRATEGY, is the JOINED strategy for this task ?

can anybody help me ? i tried to do this for a month, but i could not resolve.

is this known bug? or may other new version help me ???

Regards,
Paata.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072458#4072458

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072458