[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: please document library versions

tynor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 09:46:53 EDT 2007

As part of those dependency improvements, at the very least please be sure to document what versions of third party libraries are used, and if custom ones are required contain multiple "sub-jars", how to reconstruct them.

My original post on this thread was prompted by a bug related to EJB3 @ManyToOne, Hibernate LAZY loading and/or javassist.  Google showed similar complaints and some recommendations to update to newer versions or hibernate or javassist. But since I have no idea what versions I'm currently using or in the case of customized ones, how to patch a standard version to create the customized packaging, I'm flying in the dark.

I've since "worked around" my bug by changing some LAZY joins to EAGER, but I would be much more comfortable to have been able to fix it by replacing the broken hibernate or javassist or ejb3 jars with properly fixed versions... Please don't assume that Seam users will never need to update dependency libraries to get fixes or new functionality independent of a new Seam release.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072510#4072510

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072510