[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: ManyToOne OneToMany

david.spark do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 11:36:18 EDT 2007

OK so assuming that athleteList.xthml is correctly generating a list of athlete objects I would change your s:link to be something like:

<h:column>
  | 	<f:facet name="header">Calendar</f:facet>
  | 	<h:commandLink	id="athlete"
  | 		value="Calendar"
  | 		action="#{uploadWorkout.selectAthlete(athlete)}"/>
  | </h:column>

and create a corresponding method in the backing bean:
public String selectAthlete(Athlete athlete)
  | {
  | 	this.athlete = athlete;
  | 	return "/workoutList.xhtml";
  | }

The reason for using h:commandLink rather than s:link is that h:commandLink submits the form whereas s:link doesn't so the value isn't passed. There's no view attribute on h:commandLink so we have to navigate by returning the view ID from the method.

This should work, and you can also remove the @In annotation from athlete as it's not needed.

Hopefully this will do what you want :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072586#4072586

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072586