[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Securing Portal Page - please help!

nitesh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 11:58:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to secure a portal page so that it requires login with the role "Authenticated" that JBoss Portal 2.6.1 comes with. I've followed the instructions on the JBoss Portal Reference Manual http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.6/referenceGuide/html/security.html

However, I'm unable to secure access to the portal page. This is what I have done so far:

In my portal-object.xml:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <deployments>
  |    <deployment>
  |       <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>
  |       <parent-ref>default</parent-ref>
  |       <properties/>
  |
  |       <page>
  |          <page-name>My Portal</page-name>
  |              <window>
  | 	         <window-name>MyPortletPageWindow</window-name>
  | 	         <instance-ref>MyPortletInstance</instance-ref>
  | 	         <region>center</region>
  | 	         <height>0</height>
  | 	     </window>
  |
  |              <security-constraint>
  |                 <policy-permission>
  |                    <role-name>Authenticated</role-name>
  |                    <action-name>view</action-name>
  |                 </policy-permission>
  |              </security-constraint>
  |       </page>
  |    </deployment>
  | </deployments>

Can someone please point out what I'm missing or if there is an extra step involved?

Thanks,

Nitesh

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072602#4072602

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072602