[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: Extremely basic JNDI question

dbronk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 12:41:50 EDT 2007

Thanks for the very fast reply.  I looked at that thread and not sure that is going to give me what I want.  I'm assuming that in the thread you pointed me to there would be a someds-ds.xml in the deploy directory of JBoss.  That xml will point to the database.  The problem now comes in that since you have a war file with the web.xml and jboss-web.xml in it, you now can not simply copy/paste that same war file from someApp.war to someAppQA.war.  Well, I'm sure the app will come up, but it will point to the same someds-ds.xml file, thus pointing to the same database.  I want my someds-ds.xml to really be something like someContext-someds-ds.xml.  ie: someApp-someds-ds.xml, someAppQA-someds-ds.xml.  The contents would be the same, except for the actual database pointing to, uid/pw, etc.  But the name would be the same name.  This way, I have zero reconfiguring of my application when I promote through the different environments.  The code always looks for "java:comp/env/ds/SomeDS", but each will pull from the appropriate someApp-someds-ds.xml.

This is easy as pie in Tomcat.

Thanks again.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072633#4072633

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072633