[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - Re: EntityManager.flush not flushing

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 16:03:35 EDT 2007

I am having a similar problem.

It appears  entityManager.flush() is ignored.  I never see data making it to the DB unless all methods in a stack of SLSB methods exit.

If I run the same identical code with a few inserts all is well.  If I run it with thousands of inserts my app crashes due to lack of memory.  The whole point of calling flush is to release the memory!

This seems like such a fundamental thing I am wondering if there is some setup I am missing.  I find it hard to believe this bug would exist since it is so important for it to work properly.

Using:

JBoss AS 4.0.5
MySQL 5.???
Injected EntityManager