[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: bisocket usage as a tunneling connection

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 17:30:54 EDT 2007

The answer is "yes".

anonymous wrote : so i want the client machine to connect to my server and the connection to be kept open (tunneling) with keep alive pulses.

With the bisocket transport you don't need to worry about a keep-alive problem.  You can configure the socket timeout value to be zero, so the sockets will stay open indefinitely.  In fact, you don't even need to rely on setting the timeout value to zero.  The client will create new sockets as needed.

anonymous wrote : from now on (once connected) i want the server to be able to call the client in a request - response manner, as if the client is a 'server'.

Remoting has a callback mechanism which allows the server to send invocations to the client in an asynchronous manner.  See Section "5.6. Callbacks" in the Remoting Guide (http://labs.jboss.com/jbossremoting/docs/guide/index.html).

anonymous wrote : i also want the connection/connections to support a pool of connections, so i can have multiple concurrent requests.

The socket transport, from which bisocket is derived, maintains a connection pool on the client side and a worker thread pool on the server side.  The same is true, in reverse, with respect to callbacks going from the server to the client.

anonymous wrote : i also want the connection to use https or ssl on tcp/ip.

There is an sslbisocket version of bisocket.

anonymous wrote : is bisocket the tool for me?

Yes, I believe it could be.

anonymous wrote :  if it is - how?

Ah, well, I'd say take a look at the Remoting Guide and the sample code in the distribution.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072732#4072732

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072732