[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Seam and (or vs) Tapestry 5

mgrouch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 9 17:42:21 EDT 2007

We always use server side state saving but still observe slow performance with JSF. I'm pretty sure it is attributed to JSF (and not Seam). JSF needs to operate on a tree of components (do various searches on it) and there are 6 phases when it could do that. There seems to be some HTML reformatting happening on server side as well (by ajax4jsf). All of it makes it (in my experience) 5 times slower than same tasks with JSP.
(yes it is that bad).
All of it makes people to look for new alternatives. Tapestry 5 (which is new, annotation based) looks interesting as well as using Seam with no JSF. In JSF world pages are NOT COMPILED against beans so many errors can't be discovered at build time.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4072736#4072736

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4072736