[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile cla

alamandrax do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 10 10:07:50 EDT 2007

Hi.

I think I've fixed the issue. The problem was not with the configuration files or the jar files. Apparently it was Vista all along.

I had not seen http://www.hanselman.com/blog/VistasShowCompatibilityFilesAndTheScrumptiousWonderThatIsFileVirtualization.aspx so was clueless about Vista's virtualization scheme.

I was directly opening up the web.xml file from explorer (which was not launched as an administrator) and ended up modifying a copy of the web.xml file that was stored in a virtual folder and not the actual file itself.

The fix was to copy the web.xml file to the desktop, modify the file on the desktop, and copy it back to the c:\program files\..\conf\web.xml location. This gives you a UAC prompt and indicates that the file is actually being modified.

I did this, restarted the server and now the application works just fine (well, from a deployment point of view - the developers are still working on the code).

Thanks again for your help. Jot this one down to my ignorance of the OS.[/url]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4073057#4073057

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4073057