[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Jboss Seam+Facelet!

samdoyle do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 10 13:25:12 EDT 2007

In NB I created a new Enterprise Application.

Under the EJB component's configuration files I created an ejb-jar.xml file from what I had noticed in some of the examples. Here is the contents.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <ejb-jar version="3.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/ejb-jar_3_0.xsd">
  |
  |    <interceptors>
  |       <interceptor>
  |          <interceptor-class>org.jboss.seam.ejb.SeamInterceptor</interceptor-class>
  |       </interceptor>
  |    </interceptors>
  |
  |    <assembly-descriptor>
  |       <interceptor-binding>
  |          <ejb-name>*</ejb-name>
  |          <interceptor-class>org.jboss.seam.ejb.SeamInterceptor</interceptor-class>
  |       </interceptor-binding>
  |    </assembly-descriptor>
  |
  | </ejb-jar>

The empty seam.properties file also goes here to.

For building the ejb portion of the application I have the following required libs. that is set in the properties section of that project.

  | commons-beansutils-1.7.0.jar
  | commons-digester-1.6.jar
  | hibernate-all.jar
  | jboss-archive-browsing.jar
  | jboss-common.jar
  | jboss-seam.jar
  | jpm-jpdl.jar
  | thirdparty-all.jar

I don't know if they are all needed or not. I was just adding and removing libs at one point trying to get it to work. The hibernate stuff I know gives you the validators and if you want to use Hibernate for your persistence provider. The commons-*.jar and jboss-seam.jar are def. needed.

For the war project I have added the components.xml and pages.xml to the WEB-INF section. You should also see the faces-config.xml there to.

For the libs for the war project I have the following. Some of them you might need such if you are using richfaces or remoting for instance.

  | ajax4jsf-1.1.1.jar
  | jboss-cache-jdk50.jar
  | jboss-el.jar
  | jboss-seam-debug.jar
  | jboss-seam-remoting.jar
  | jboss-seam-ui.jar
  | richfaces-3.0.1.jar
  |
  | And of course the facelets.jar

As I mentioned your best bet is probably to start with a seam-gen application. Then create a new Enterprise Application in NB. Take the seam generated files I mentioned previously and place them in those locations I mentioned. Then configure both the ejb and war projects with those required jars I mentioned. If you can get that up and running you are on your way.

Good Luck

S.D.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4073137#4073137

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4073137