[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Sharing JAAS context with existing application

alxs do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 11 09:28:31 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to combine seam with an existing J2EE (pre Version 5) application in a JBoss 4.0.5.GA with EJB3 profile. An independent Seam application runs fine on this server.

The application is running in an own ear containing a lot of 2.1 Beans. The standard database JAAS login module is used for authentication.

If setup a new seam project containing a single SessionBean (Action) and I've added a reference to my existing JAAS domain which is configured separatly in almost every place ;)

First of all as soos as I define the security domain I cannot access my bean method because an authentication is expected. However I allways get an exception that "user.properties" is missing what shows me that my domain that is using a database login is ignored.

web.xml

  |        <security-constraint>
  |        </security-constraint>
  | 	<login-config>
  | 		<auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
  | 	    <realm-name>myDomain</realm-name>
  | 		<form-login-config>
  | 			<form-login-page>/login.seam</form-login-page>
  | 			<form-error-page>/loginError.seam</form-error-page>
  | 		</form-login-config>
  | 	</login-config>

components.xml

  |    <security:identity authenticate-method="#{authenticator.authenticate}"
  |    			jaas-config-name="myDomain"
  |    			remember-me="true" />

jboss.xml

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
  | <jboss>
  |     <security-domain>java:/jaas/myDomain</security-domain>
  | </jboss>

What I didn't understand is the role of teh "loader-repository" (e.g. in jboss-app.xml)

Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks,
Alex

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4073281#4073281