[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: regardig jboss-beans.xml

jc7442 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 13 09:56:15 EDT 2007

I do that kind of things for JBoss configuration. I use the SystemProperty service.

In your -service.xml file you can use variable. For example:
 <mbean code="org.jboss.naming.NamingService"
  |       name="jboss:service=Naming"
  |       xmbean-dd="resource:xmdesc/NamingService-xmbean.xml">
  |       <attribute name="Port">${port.jnp}</attribute>
  | . ..
  |       <attribute name="BindAddress">${jboss.bind.address}</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="RmiPort">${port.rmi}</attribute>

Here I have three variables.

I configure the SystemPropertyService to read system property from a property file. This service will replace in xml files, variable with property from property file:

  | <mbean code="org.jboss.varia.property.SystemPropertiesService"
  | 	 name="jboss:type=Service,name=SystemProperties">
  |
  |     <!--
  |        | Load properties from each of the given comma seperated URLs-->
  |
  |     <attribute name="URLList">c:\jboss\server\configuration\ports.properties </attribute>
  |

  |     <!--
  |        | Set raw properties file style properties.
  |
  |     <attribute name="Properties">
  |
  |       my.project.property=This is the value of my property
  |       my.project.anotherProperty=This is the value of my other property
  |
  |     </attribute>
  |
  |     -->
  |
  |   </mbean>

I use that for all the ports used by my JBoss.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4073559#4073559

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4073559