[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Clients on a different Class C Network cannot connect

ekaltenbach do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 14 11:08:26 EDT 2007

We fixed our problem by modifying the reverse DNS tables on our server machine.
Here is our theory:
It appears that the JBoss machine does a reverse lookup back to the client machine.  We connect to the JMS from the client using an ip address and port number, but the Microsoft TCP/IP stack tries to be smart and use the hostname. Then when the JMSMessaging software tries to respond to the client, it doesn?t know how to resolve the client?s host name back to an IP address.

In any case, we are now able to communicate with the JMS topics from clients on a different class C network.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074074#4074074

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074074