[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: feature idea - conversation names

ellenzhao do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 14 13:52:51 EDT 2007

This is a nice feature, would be very useful for people who are doing a lot of view templating. I have a page called foo-detail.xhtml. This foo-detail page has CRUD buttons, has its own (nested=true) conversations and the page accessable from many different sources like all-foos.xhtml, all-bars.xhtml --> a-use-case-which-has-foo.xhtml-->foo-detail.xhtml, yet-another-use-case.xhtml --> foo-detail.xhtml, etc. Each source page semantically maps a use case (long-running conversation). When the user click "foo stuff done" button on the foo-detail.xhtml, I'd like it to redirect to the source page which directed to foo-detail.xhtml. It's not that straight forward to do with pages.xhtml, since the button is always on the same page (foo-detail.xhtml) and the action is always from the same conversation bean (fooManager). For now the workaround is that I keep a mother conversation name as a private String field in the fooManager, then use the navigation rule in the pages.xhtml to redirect to right mother page.

If would be great if I could say something like:

<page view-id="foo-detail.xhtml">
  <navigation from-action="#{fooManager.fooStuffDone}">
      <rule if mother conversation is not null>
	<redirect  to the page where the mother conversation was at />

without manually writing the references in my manager beans.

But then, it's a bit like jPDL ....

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074135#4074135

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074135