[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Missing exceptions within asynchronious methods

gbc@gmx.de do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 14 14:55:48 EDT 2007

Hi!

I did an asynchronious event today, being raised inside a conversation. The observer method throwed a custom RuntimeException and a Seam Excption that a injected component could not be found. At least it should have, because it was misspelled for sure and the RuntimeException was mine.

But instead of showing up, both exceptions simple vanish. First I needed to start in Debug Mode to see the RuntimeException being thrown (Did not debug further). No output in the Server, although Seam is configured to use debug mode either. After putting a try/catch around the method code I was able to get my RuntimeException. Later after changing the class, injected another component, the method output (log.debug(...)) simply did not show up. After reading the source closely I finaly found the misspelled @In field.

Where have the excptions gone? Is this a common behavoir for asynchronious methods, did I forget to configure something or is this a bug?

Thanks for answering!

Many Greetz, GHad

Setup: WinXPSP2, JDK5.Update12, JBoss4.2GA, Seam2.0.0Beta1, Ant1.65, MyEclipse5.6

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074144#4074144

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074144