[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - swimlane task assignment in process definition not working

jeffcwang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 14 20:28:16 EDT 2007

Hello,

I searched the forum and couldn't find any answer.  I have created a new process definition (based on the websale example) along with tasks and forms.  However, when I try to assign an actor to a task via a swimlane, it doesn't work.  The assigned actor is always "manager", even when i specify the actor to be "shipper" or "programmer" (I added it to the jbpm_user table in db).  I checked out the database and the actor_id is correct in jbpm_swimlane table; however in the jbpm_swimlaneinstance table, it is mysteriously always the manager actor id.  I am using JBPM 3.2.1.

Two questions:

(1) Why is assignment not working?
(2) Does assignment even matter?  In the websale example, I can login as any user and do the tasks, even when assigned to a different person.

Here is the process def code:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074231#4074231

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074231