[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Flex + Seam integration approaches

stu2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 15 13:48:59 EDT 2007

I wonder if there's interest in discussing the pros and cons of ways a Flex UI might communicate with a Seam backend.

In a previous thread someone described using the Seam Remoting support and the AjaxFlex bridge http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=114080.

Another way would be to expose Seam components as WebServices, as described in Chapter 20 of the Seam Docs, and then consume these directly via the Flex UI.

Another might be to use the Flex Data Services support for directly remoting Spring beans, and using Seam's Spring support as a Flex adapter http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/articles/spring_flex_02.html

The latter two seam the most appealing to me, though I haven't yet tried any of these out.  Is there anyone on the list who has begun exploring approaches?  I wonder what findings have been.

How might security contexts be propagated so Seam can have what it needs for authorization?  Are any of these better suited for conversation propagation?  A stateful UI removes the need in many cases, but it could certainly still be useful.

Which do you think is the most promising from a productivity standpoint?

Thoughts?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4074538#4074538

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4074538